Monday, January 26, 2015

An Actual Finished Object

I've been knitting away and trying to keep from casting on any new things. Since my goal is to finish up more of my UFOs this year, I'm trying to really think ahead and not blindly cast things on just because I randomly feel like something new. To that end I finished up these socks for my dad.

Just your basic ribbed sock in Gritty Knits nom Charred Browns. It's not my usual colors but I really like how it made wonderfully neutral men's socks. Since I met up with my mom for lunch last week, they're with him now and apparently he loves them.
I often worry about knitting gifts with "fancy" yarn like this that requires a little more care but over the last several years he has proven himself more than knit-worthy. Cherishing his handknit socks. He wears them only on Sundays to church (although I'm hoping now that he has several pairs, he might be a little bit less careful and wear them more.)
I've been working away on my Half pi shawl as well, although it isn't really easy to show it off at this point, it's really bunched up on the needles. I did join the second skein yesterday though so I'm happy to say I'm making some good progress on it. I still really like it but I'm starting to wonder why on earth I thought a half pi shawl was a good idea with all that purling back.
I did need to cast on something for HPKCHC this month so I whipped out a quickie project that I'm completely in love with. I'll share it later this week. Stay tuned.

No comments: