Saturday, October 31, 2015

October Projects

As October winds to a close, I find myself pretty happy with progress I have made in my knitting. I've been a bit of a slacker at actually working on projects and at having a project to turn in for Harry Potter Knit and Crochet House Cup (HPKCHC).
This month I decided to change that. I set a goal for myself to turn in two classes and a detention. Detention is a project started before the beginning of the month that you finish during the month. 
I admit that even last week if you had asked me if I would hit my goal I would probably have said it was unlikely. But I went camping with my knitter friends (well, two of them, not all of them this time) and I made some great progress.
I had finished this hat last week. 
It's just a simple ribbed hat knit from some hand spun English Shetland from Zarzuela's Fiber (sadly no longer in business) I started it last month but had the wrong stitch count so I ended up ripping it out, starting over and I got it right this time.
As happy as I am with how it turned out, I'm not a big stocking hat person so this will probably just go to my dear husband. Especially since I have a much cooler new hat that I didn't have to knit! Maybe I will make another post about that.
Anyway, a friend asked me knit a cowl for her sister-in-law. She agreed to pay me and I agreed to knit it. I was plugging along being completely monogamous, which is very unlike me (in my knitting! Get your mind out of the gutter!) But the monogamy paid off and I finished it while we were at the cabin! 
It's called the manic panic cowl and it's completely linen stitch. It turned out great! It was a little hard to hand it over. I would like to knit one for myself but I can't face that much linen stitch again. At least not for awhile.
Just look at the color play on this fingering Malabrigo yarn. 
So, I will be turning both of these projects in for HPKCHC! Very exciting. I'm also working hard on a pair of socks that will be perfect for my detention project. I'm getting close so I'm off to work on them.

No comments: